Tuesday, October 9, 2012

As If!!!!!


Photobucket
Miu Miu Pre-Fall 2010

I was born in the 90's so why is it trending...grunge, knee highs, minimalism; all major hallmarks of the 90's.  It's been creeping into fashion for a few years I noticed it in Charlotte Ronson's ballet inflected show in 2010 and the very Cher Horwitz plaid look in Miu Miu's Pre-fall 2010 collection. I'm never one to complain when Clueless is involved.

Yes, I know the 90's were more than clueless but I was 4 when this movie came out I really thought high school girls dressed like that...and in a way my cousins supported this idea with their very own fashion sense.


Photobucket Do you see any styles that you wear today? I see many of these looks re-hashed in different proportions like dark florals, layers all in the same length, and crop tops!

but as I said my ultimate 90's reference is Clueless
Photobucket
Clueless is full of tiny skirts and plaid and knee highs ( checkout Amber in the back in all that pattern)

so when I saw Sandy wearing what a modern day Cher would wear I freaked. The tiny dress  with the long jacket ,the knee highs ,and the feminine flourishes!!!!

Photobucket

Name:
Sandy Williams
What are you wearing and where did you purchase it? 
 I'm wearing a Calvin Klein Blazer, H&M dress, A belt that was a gift, Thigh highs from hot topic, Michael Kors tiny crossbody bag, Juicy Couture necklace, American Eagle Aviators, and Ego and Greed wedges.
Why did you purchase these items?
I purchased most of them because I liked them they described who I am.
How would you describe your style?
LAYERED!!!!!!! I'm  Girly ,eclectic, grunge, time traveler .I love pulling ideas from the past.
what is one fashion item you can't live without?
My Blazers if i can't layer I can't leave the house.


xoxo, Eura

No comments:

Post a Comment