Monday, October 8, 2012

Caped Crusader




Photobucket
John Galliano Fall 2012
Capes have been a mainstay in fashion for all of my short life, from Oscar De la Renta for Dior in the 90's to John Galliano for Dior in Fall 2011. Capes are becoming more mainstream in fashion with Alexander Wang dotting his Fall 2011 show with downtown cool girl capes I saw a surge of them permeate the fast fashion market. But just this week I've noticed that J.Crew and Banana Republic both have capes for everyday life one to keep you warm and one to keep you dry.


   
Photobucket
Banana Republic Fall 2012
Photobucket
J.Crew Fall 2012

   


Photobucket
Alexander Wang Fall 2011

So of course you all know my beloved Jada has been on a quest for capes since Alexander Wang's fall 2011 show. She  has made the difficult task  of making a dramatic cape into a casual layering piece easy.




Photobucket













   
Name: 
Jada Hudson
What are you wearing and where did you buy it? 
Tank top from H&M, Aldo Scarf, H&M Riding Pants, 90's era Nine West Riding Boots, Houndstooth cape from Lane Bryant, Burberry Watch, Antique Jade and gold ring from my grandmother, and a Louis Vuitton Deauville bag.
How would you describe your style? 
My style is Eclectic Classicism: I stick to neutrals and basics and a exuberant piece or two or five!!!!!!!
Why did you buy your watch? 
I purchased my watch because I wanted a one and I figured that if I'm going to buy a piece that I will wear everyday, then it sure as hell better look good and last a very long time. Plus, everybody had Michael Kors watches, so it was between Burberry and D&G, D&G is totally next!!!!
What is one Fashion item you can't live without? 
I cannot live without my Burberry watch! She's my baby and she is a piece that I bought on my Own from money that I earned.

xoxo, Eura


No comments:

Post a Comment