Sunday, October 7, 2012

Destroy Everything You Touch

Photobucket
Balmain Spring 2009

Photobucket
D&G Spring 2010
     Distressed Denim 




As a college student myself I can say that  denim is the foundation to many a college kid’s wardrobe.  You see denim in many incarnations on campus from printed, colored,  waxed, and distressed.  Distressed denim is making a major comeback but now instead of the overpriced Abercrombie and Fitch versions I owned in my youth the distressing is becoming more individual. Everyone is one of a kind and they all want to look distinct. I spotted Nick on campus and his take on distressed denim was inspired because he was working a shape that isn't popular in men's fashion, His distressed vest was cropped and boxy. 

Photobucket


Name:
Nick Friday
What are you wearing and where did you purchase it? 
I'm wearing a screen printed thermal  and Khaki skinny jeans from H&M, a old fedora and, thrifted Levi's jacket that I cut the sleeves off and cut in half. I then tie-dyed it with bleach.
Why did you buy these pieces? 
Well, I purchased the vest because I wanted to tie-dye and cut and distress it.
How would you describe your style? 
 it's a mash up I really do like cut up jeans and hats.
What is one fashion item you can't live without? A Hat, I love hats, I don't wear them everyday but I wear them often.

xoxo, Eura

No comments:

Post a Comment