Friday, June 18, 2010

The new Jack by Jil

Jil Sander Menswear Spring 2011













Photos via: Style.com

As we navigate our way through mens collections its rare that you find a designer that breaks COMPLETELY from the norm. Unless your talking about Rif Simons, of course. Without a doubt, he hand delivered looks of a lifetime for his menswear collection for Jil Saunders. All I could think of was all of the lovely things I could picture in Eura's wardrobe (and even some in my own). The neon color palette made the collection vibrant and playful, yet the sharp tailoring kept it masculine and powerful. The floral sheer tops? GENIUS! This collection was love at first sight for me. Everything was so clean and I thoroughly enjoyed the bold play on androgyny (Florals on men? once again, GENIUS!). To see the entire collection, click HERE.

UPDATE

Seeing as how jada got to the Jil Sander collection before I did, which I must agree was amazing and does belong in my closet. It's odd that a mens collection ever captures my eye and yet this did and it reminds me of my favorite Jil Sander collection womenswear spring 2007 see it all HERE also here is video of the Spring 2011 mens collection







2 comments:

  1. I retract my statement from before."j". A couple of these looks from ths collection i would Def take home with me. Especially the striped vneck n yellow pants! I will def be researching MR. JIL Saunders n the future!

    ReplyDelete