Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sailing through Resort collections! Take 2


Proenza Schouler Resort 2011







Oscar De La Renta Resort 2011








Nina Ricci Resort 2011







Louis Vuitton Resort 2011







Lanvin Resort 2011






Givenchy Resort 2011







Emilio Pucci Resort 2011





Resort collections have been rocking my socks for the past week. LOVELY silhouettes, AMAZING color palettes and a VAST ARRAY of design aesthetics.
Givenchy blew me away! Season after season Riccardo Tisci blows me away! This season, he took the historical label back to its roots with beautiful tailoring, amazing sheer ensembles and a red, black and white color scheme. My favorite piece was, without a doubt, the black sheer gown with the red embroidery. ABSOLUTELY TDF(to die for)!
Lanvin was next in my list of favorite collections this season. It was almost IMPOSSIBLE to choose my favorite looks, because I loved them ALL! This collection gave me a beautiful, carefree yet somewhat demented feel. I adored the frou frou looks, the bathing suit pieces and the "tailored with a twist looks". Alber Elbaz is definitely a designer that gives me something to look forward to each and every season.
I was enveloped in Pucci's beautiful patterns! Peter Copping is one designer with a knack for lovely and definitive patterns. The colors were BEAUTIFUL and worked lovely together. I really enjoyed the cape over the swimsuit look. It has me STRONGLY considering testing that idea.
OH MARC, MY LOVELY MARC JACOBS, how you make me salivate for Louis Vuitton. It's no surprise that Marc Jacobs( Eura's obsession, by the way) delivered yet another wonderful collection. The pastel colors were absolutely BEAUTIFUL. This collection was dainty yet powerful. In my opinion, it played with the idea of androgyny yet simultaneously kept it feminine and dainty. I LOVED IT
Nina Ricci made me absolutely proud to be a girly girl. The blush tones, the lace, the ruffles, the sheer, the drapery all gave me a "girls, just want to have fun" vibe!
Oscar de la Renta had me at hello. There were so many different looks, I was never really sure what would be coming next! I enjoyed how the looks went from bubble-like and flowing, to tight and tailored and rested at bubble-like and tailored. The color palette was lovely as well.
And finally Proenza, oh my beautiful lovekins, how I adore all the mainstream rules you break. Such as mixing patterns and print and ignoring matching altogether, it gives me something to look forward to every season! I LOVE the native vibe of this collection. I most enjoyed the mixing of patterns and prints; something Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez without a doubt, have mastered. The play with textures was also something I found rather appealing. Proenza continues to deliver different and innovative pieces every season, Jack and Lazaro are a force to take with caution.
So there you have it, an analysis of more of my favorite resort collection. I also enjoyed Balenciaga's footwear (as I do every season, i'm not a big fan of their garments), Celine, Anna Sui's romantic collection, carolina Herrera's historically beautifully made gowns, Herve' Le'ger and the bandage dresses and Chloe Sevigny for OC and her daring and completely amazing looks.

Photos taken from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment