Sunday, October 7, 2012

OVERitALL


Overalls are cool again.   

Photobucket
Photobucket


Phillip Lim spring 2013 (left) and Chloe Fall 2009 (Right)

As I sit on campus the warm weather allows for people to continue wearing their favorite summer looks. Many of the girls are wearing rompers, onsies, and loose harem pant jumpsuits. The one trend that stood out me was the return of the classic denim overall. This trend has popped up on runways over the years , I first noticed it the classic overall on Chloe’s Fall 2009 runway crafted in a sumptuous black velvet with gold beaded embroidery on the shoulders and in a loose boyish cut. The French fashion house then showed a snug black leather pair in their Fall 2011 collection. The overall trend is apparently going to be big Spring 2013 if New York designers have anything to say about it.  Various takes on overalls were shown at shows such as Ruffian, BCBG, Thom Browne, Rebecca Minkoff, and 3.1 Phillip Lim. I spotted Alexis Beverly wearing the look in such an innocent, casual way.

Photobucket 
 Name: Alexis Beverly
What are you wearing and where did you buy it? 
 I'm wearing a silk sheer overlay top I purchased at H&M, Blue Denim overall Shorts from the thrift store and a pair of Converse.
Why did you purchase the items? 
 The shirt and the shoes are just good basics. The overalls reminded me of my childhood and I thought they were a unique choice I haven't seen anyone wearing overalls on campus. 
How would you describe your style?
It depends on my mood...today it's comfy and casual. 

 xoxo, Eura

No comments:

Post a Comment